Types Of Alopecia There AreThe first step you must take to start a treatment this kind of hair loss is knowing what types of alopecia there are, and how this can make people suffer baldness. Therefore, we present the most common ways in which this disease occurs, so choose an appropriate medical treatment to their characteristics.

How it works on the scalp

The scalp has between 100 and 150 thousand hairs whose life cycle is between two and three years. Generally, the 10% of hair is in the resting state, the remaining 90% is in constant growth. However, some of this hair shedding will root, to promote new hair growth naturally. It is estimated that humans can mutate about 100 strands of hair per day. When loss occurs we in larger quantities, we have a condition called alopecia.

Alopecia Evolution

This type of alopecia is essentially natural and manifests itself mainly with aging. Its main feature is the slowing of hair growth, which causes hair follicles to enter the resting phase known as telogen phase. The hair quality decreases, and this becomes weak and less bulky.

Telogen Effluvium

Consists of hair loss due to a specific event that creates stress. One of the most common types of alopecia, as it involves an important experience in our daily life such as childbirth, serious illness, stress, fever or weight loss episode. Baldness manifests a large scale, because many hair follicles go into the telogen phase.

Androgenic Alopecia

It is a most common type of alopecia in men, as it manifests with progressive reduction in the first line of hair. Androgenic alopecia can occur from twenty years old and up. Its causes are hereditary genetic traits, and is characterized by decreasing blood flow to the scalp, weakening hair follicles, which will produce a weaker, thin, short hair. It can also affect women.

Alopecia Areata

It is one of the types of baldness that affects people of any age and is manifested mainly by hair loss in patches, that is, in specific areas of the scalp. This loss occurs for various reasons, and hair tends to recur over a period ranging from six months to a year. However, while the hair is regenerated in some areas, tends to disappear in others.
Similarly, the disappearance of the hair is not necessarily obvious, but manifests itself with weaker strands and hair shorter than the rest. Although it has been considered an autoimmune form of baldness (because the body regenerates the hair under their own devices), you should seek medical treatment to stop it.

Tinea Capitis

Is a fungal infection of the scalp. It can affect children, youth and adults, and is manifested in the form of black dots forming a spot on a certain area of the scalp, causing hair loss. It is a contagious disease that is spread by sharing combs and hats. Symptoms such as redness, swelling, fever and itching may also occur. The hair grows back once the disease disappears.

Traction Alopecia

It is a type of alopecia characterized by pressure on the scalp, produced during chemical hair treatments or performance of hairstyles and haircuts. The loss occurs in a localized manner, depending on the amount of pressure receiving hair.

Trichotillomania

It is a psychological disorder in which the same person is twisting or pulling your hair. It can be seen in children, youth and adults. Hair loss occurs in localized areas.

Are You Suffering from any of these types of hair loss? Contact Us Today to get help from our hair specialists

Do You Know What Types Of Alopecia There Are?